Monday, October 20, 2008

SINGLES WARD

So...there we were watching Monday Night Football(having a beer of course), and the doorbell rings. No one we are close with knocks on the door with out walking in shortly after. I guess everyone knows we are too lazy to get off our butts and welcome you in, lol. I was curious who would be here. I looked to see who it was and noticed I did not recognize who the two guys were standing outside the door. So I opened it, waiting for them to try to sell my something(Im such a sucker when it comes to those kinds of things). They asked for Cody Smith, I was thrown off guard so I asked who was here to see him and the taller guys replies "I'm John* with the local singles ward and this is Dave*" Of course I chuckle and told Cody who is at the door to see him. He comes around the corner with a confused smile on his face. Greets the two guys and right behind him is our beautiful baby girl. John* says "doesn't look like you are so single anymore." He was semi laughing as well. He then told us that someone had forwarded Cody's church records to their ward and they wanted to stop by and welcome him to come to church. We were all laughing. I kind of expected them to act like missionaries and try to push the lds card onto us but they were on their way as quick as they came. Then Dave* says as he is walking away "ya know you wont have to worry about us coming over any more, but sounds like someone wants you back at church so I'm sure you will see a missionary or two come by." We laughed cause we know it is like clock work that the missionaries stop by...except I havent seen any since the sister missionary started a yelling fight with me(that is a whole other story).
Living in Utah you expect to see missionaries at your door, but members of the single ward, that is just so amusing!!!
*names have been changed for privacy

1 comment:

The Davidson's said...

You scared a sister missionary away?? I want to hear that story!!