Tuesday, October 7, 2008

See ya soon Mom!

So my Mom left today on her next journey of life. She boarded a plane to Pueblo Colorado for the next month. My mother and I have such a close relationship and this will be such a change for me and the rest of our family. I will miss her so much! I seriously talk to my mom on the phone at least once a day if not more. I see her a couple of times a week when dropping off Taylor or just to meet up for lunch, dinner or a beer while we watch football. This will be hard for me not to be 10 minutes away from her. Thank God it is only a month!!


You are probably asking why she is moving to Pueblo Co. of all places. Well for as long as I can remember the Labor Union has played a big part of our lives. I remember being 10 years old and on the picket line with my Mom and all of her co-workers. The word "scab" has such a different meaning in my vocabulary because of the union. The Labor Union has helped my Mom and her co-workers get paid what they are worth and help them keep their jobs, as well as having incredible health insurance.

So my Mom has worked her way up the Labor Union Ladder over the last 25 years. Being a Union Steward, Secretary, and Now Vice President of Fibers. Along with other misc jobs along the way.
Over the last few years they have been sending her to Union conventions all over the place, as a representative for Utah. With this being an election year the Labor Union is heavily involved in the campaigns. Just over the summer she has seen John Edwards speak twice and Barack Obama speak once. She loved it!! So the Labor Union is sending her to one of the biggest cities for the union, Pueblo Colorado. Bet ya never knew that Pueblo had the first steel mine, I sure didn't!
So my Mom will be organizing many election rallies for Obama/Biden in Colorado, as well as running Union meetings in Denver, Colorado.
I wish her the best of luck and hope that she absolutely loves doing this kind of stuff, so that she can get out of that hell hole that we call "Hexcel". I know that if she does that will mean that she will be gone ALL the time, but she deserves to take a break from working on her feet for 12 hrs of swing shift and forced overtime.
Good luck Mom I hope you love it!!!
I threw her a surprise going away party on Saturday night at the Puck. Here are a few pictures from the party.











I just wanted to thank all of you that came out to show your support and love!! That is why you are a part of my life!!

3 comments:

The Davidson's said...

bean I am sorry we didn't make it to say bye to your mom, will you tell her Im sorry. Ty was bein a butt about the whole Puck thing. anyways, hope your doing ok call me if you need to do something to stay busy so you aren't sad. what you guys doing this weekend??

yvette said...

How that is so exciting for your mom! My grandparents lived in Monte Vista which is fairly close the Pueblo so "Pueblo" brings back memories. Sounds like your mom is making a difference for Union workers! So cool! And nice of you to support her as well. Love and miss ya, hon!

Anonymous said...

hi bug
the blog spot was great
THIS HAS TAUGHT ME A GOOD LESSON NEVER GO AWAY FOR A MONTH ITS JUST NOT RIGHT !
tAKE CARE OF THAT BABY GIRL AND I WILL BE HOME SOON. LOVE YA LATER MOM