Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving

Can I just tell you I love the fall holidays. Thanksgiving is one of my faves. Lets break this down for a min; an entire day filled with NFL from morning to night, family and no one looking at you with disgust when you go back for thirds!! What more could you ask for?
Like every year my side of the family does a dinner on a different date than the real Thanksgiving. So this year I decided to host it at our house the Sunday before Thanksgiving. Reason being I still wanted to watch football all day as well as enjoy a traditional turkey day.
So I started cooking at 10 am and didnt stop until we ate at 4 pm. I was in charge of the turkey of course, mashed potatoes & gravy, green bean casserole and the rolls, all of the other food was brought by the guests. That made it super easy. Cody was such a big help, which helped me keep my sanity through out the day, Thanks babe!!

I was so proud of my turkey this year I made Cody take a few pictures before he carved it.















The turkey was so golden brown and cooked perfectly, it was not dry at all. Let me give you my secret weapon. Bags, get yourself a turkey bag by Reynolds!!!
My mom was in charge of the pies, holy moly did she bring so many pies!! There was a double chocolate cream pie, two different kinds of cheeescakes, and pumpkin. They were all so yummy!!

There were a total of 12 guests, yes we were able to fit 12 people comfortably in our house. There were three table spread out through the dinning room right into the living room.

The pictures below are of Taylor experiencing aerosol whipped cream. She absolutely loved it. She ate more of the whipped cream than she did of Scott's pumpkin pie!!










































The Follow Thursday was a much more relaxing day!! We had gone out to see One of my favorite bands, Royal Bliss preform their annual Thanksgiving show. So needless to say we were out late, but were able to sleep in!! We lounged around the house until it was time to Head over to Korahle's house for dinner with the extended family. It was a great dinner and we played so fun games. My little monster played with her little cousin and let me tell you those two are T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!

1 comment:

ciara said...

your turkey looks delish and the best part about making it yourself is you get the turkey sandwich left overs!! Good luck with the sharpies at least it wasn't scissors.