Saturday, November 15, 2008

I need help

Ok so this summer we remodeled our kitchen as well as our main bathroom. Where Cody and I both work in the construction scene we were able to get really good deals and love our new additions, well when we remodeled the kitchen we got a new stove, so this year I want to put it to good use during the holidays. I have never been much of a baker but I want to change that! Susan & Rex gave me a Kitchenaid mixer for my birthday this year and I have been able to get some use out of it, but I need recipies!!!
So will you all donate your favorite recipies to my cause. I am looking for cookie and candy recipies. you may leave them on the comments for others to use or send it to my email Sheenachanel@yahoo.com.
Thanks everyone

2 comments:

The House that James Built said...

i'll get you a really good but EASY cookie recipe..it's too late to think. i missed your other comment on my blog, hence my comment that probably didn't make sense. halloween pics are darling of taylor :) xoxo

The House that James Built said...

ok here it is...

homemade oreo cookies (my mother-in-laws recipe)
3/4 c. butter flavor crisco
2 eggs
1 box mix devils food cake
* mix in your fancy shmansy kitchenaide until blended
* arrange balls on cookie sheet (little larger than tablespoon) bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes- watch them as oven times vary, you don't want them crispy;)

frosting:
1 pkg. cream cheese
1 c. marg./butter
1 tsp vanilla
add powder sugar to correct consistency... can do this in your mixer too.. or with beaters

after cookies have cooled, frost and put together like oreos

mmmm..so good! let me know how you like them!
xoxo