Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas 2008

Wow Christmas was a whirlwind this year!! It started of Christmas Eve, I worked until noon then we headed to Cody's Parents house. Taylor made a gingerbread house with her Aunt Alisha and Aunt Adriane






She was too busy eating the candies to pose for a picture.








The masterpiece












After the gingerbread house making we spent some time with Larry & Darlene. They are Cody's Grandparents from Mesquite. It was nice to see them and catch up. After that it was back to our house where we were hosting my side of the family's Christmas. Christmas was my Grandpa Ron's fave holiday so it has been a tradition for us to gather on Christmas Eve and open presents for as long as I could remember. So since he has been gone we have kept up the tradition!
My Mom bought a honey baked ham, which she had to wait in line two seperate times because Taylor puked on her the first time so she had to leave and she was almost to the front of the line when it happened!! There is always so much food where my mom is. She would never let anyone go hungry!
There were sooo many presents that they wrapped around the living room into the kitchen!! Taylor ended up falling asleep about 8 O'Clock so we saved her presents. My family stayed until about 10:45 and then it was time for Cody and I to exchange gifts. Cody's big present(skiing backpack) was held up in Oregon because of all the bad weather they were experiencing. I guess that is what you get for shopping on line ;) So I printed off a picture and put it in a box.


























Christmas Morning started off at 6:30. A Smith family tradition is to get up early open presents with Susan, Rex, Grandma Bethe, Grandpa Bill, Grandma Linda and all the kids. Then it is breakfast time. Susan makes a big breakfast of biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns and scrambled eggs. Susan's brother Jim and his kids joined us as well as my Granny.











This is Taylor with her Dora Tricycle, from Santa






























Taylor fixing her new baby with her tools, lol






































The fam at Korahle's
Alisha and Rex wanted to be on my level for the picture



The rest of the day was filled with traveling in the snow storm from house to house. After Susan & Rex's house we still had three other houses to visit. We left our house at 8 and rolled in the garage at 9:30. It was an amazing day filled with family and friends and lots of love. I absolutely love the holiday season, but by the time it is over I am glad I have a whole year to recooperate!! I hope you all had a day that was as wonderful as ours was!!

1 comment:

Pete and Sum said...

Sounds like you had an awesome Christmas! Sucks you had to work on Christmas Eve. Bet it was super busy =P Taylor is getting so big! How fun that she actually understood the present thing a little this year. I agree about needing a year to recooperate! Miss you girl!