Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's day




This Mother's day was so nice. Cody and I gathered all the Mother's in our lives and headed to wheeler farm for a family picnic.

We are so grateful that we have such incredible Mom's. Cody's Mom and my Mom take turns watching Taylor for free so that I can work. I don't think they will ever understand how much that means to us as a family. They are giving us so many opportunities from extra money to do fun things with, I get to have a break and keep my sanity, and Cody is happy that I'm not the psycho house wife I would be if I was a stay at home mom. I have so much respect for all you Moms out there that have the strength to do the hardest job in the world!!! My Grandma is one of my close friends she is an amazingly strong woman who gave my Mom all of the tools to be a great mother and now the two of them are helping me be the best Mom that I can be for Taylor.

My mom is one of my best friends. I honestly don't know how I could have lived if she would have choosen to stay in Colorado and work. I have to talk to my mom at least once a day or I have withdrawls :) She is smart, beautitul, caring, funny, selfless all in all just incredible!! I love her so very much and I hope she knows that!!

I'm sure that Susan Could win the best Mother-in-law contest if there were one! She is thoughtful, caring and so giving. I hear all these horror stories about MIL being intrusive and pushy. She is so far from that. I love her and wouldn't trade her in for anything :)






Being a Mother is the hardest job in the entire world, but also the most rewarding. Taylor can make me so upset one moment and then the next she has me smilling. On Mother's day while I was getting ready Cody was occupying Taylor so I snuck downstairs to see what they were doing. They were in the kitchen listening to the ipod and taylor was dancing around and singing to her Dad. My eyes filled with joyful tears. I am so lucky to have such incredible people in my life I love you all!!

2 comments:

Barnes said...

We missed you guys today at Little Gym. I had to switch classes this morning because Isaac was having a tough time getting going. Maybe another time. Hope all is well with you guys!

The House that James Built said...

i'll second the hardest yet most rewarding...happy late mothers day to you, don't forget it's fathers day sunday. xoxo